- Module 2: Discussion Board
- Lesson 1: Networking Components
- Lesson 2: The IP Address
- Lesson 3: Local Area Networks
- Lesson 4: Wide Area Networks
- Lesson 5: Wireless Networks
- Lesson 6: Scenario - Asking for IP addresses
- Lesson 7: Challenge- Why do you need static IP Addresses?
- Lesson 8: Challenge- Why do you need to be on my network ?
- Exercise 1 assigning a static IP address
- Exercise 2 subnetting a network diagram
- Exercise 3 Tracing a route
- Exercise 4 Laying out a network
- Exercise 5 Downloading and installing Virtual Box
- Exercise 8 Installing a database
- Exercise 9 logging into a database
- Exercise 10 querying a database
- Exercise 14 creating a firewall rule
- Exercise 17 creating a VM in the cloud
- Exercise 18 creating a basic program
- Exercise 19 consuming an API
- Exercise 21- Scheduling a service
- Exercise 22- Using Netstat to scan ports
- Exercise 23 Browsing a TCP stream in wireshark
- Exercise 25 Locating your public IP address
- Exercise 27 using ping, pathping, and tracert
- Exercise 28 using Wireshark to trace a packet
- Exercise 29 Browsing IIS
- Bonus 1: Wireshark Mini Course
- Bonus 2: Secure your BAS Mini Course
- Bonus 3: Looking at Messages Through Wireshark
- Bonus 4: How to secure your GUI
- Bonus 5: What does IT need to know about BAS
- Bonus 6: How to Design a BAS IP Network
- Bonus 7: BBMD Overview
- Bonus 8: SNMP Overview
- Bonus 9: A deeper dive into API's
- Bonus 10: Advanced Subnetting
Hi, my name is Phil Zito and I am the lead instructor at Building Automation Monthly. I have been in the BAS world for over a decade.
I have extensive real-world knowledge of BAS. I've held roles as a Lead Controls Tech, Operations Manager for a $60M dollar business leading 22 Technicians and project managers, and I've led the Integration Program at Johnson Controls.
I have helped 4,400+ students to learn building automation systems through my online courses and countless others through my free podcast and blog articles.
I look forward to helping you grow in your knowledge of Building Automation as well.